Immediate Openings for Road Drivers
Whether you’ve got years of road experience or you’re just starting out, no LTL freight company puts you on the road to competitive pay and job security like YRC Freight. We have immediate openings across North America for road drivers.
The benefits of being a YRC Freight road driver
- 100% Company-paid health benefits for you and your family, plus vacation time
- Union contract pay rates up to 52 cents a mile
- All equipment is provided and maintained by the Company
- The security and stability that comes with a union contract and a Fortune 500 company
- Daily dispatches for non-team drivers
- Minimum time away from home, with an average of 5 tours per week
- Paid hotel, except for teams with sleeper tractors
Just starting out? No problem.
All entry-level driving positions are intended for candidates with less than one-year of driving experience. Qualified candidates will be eligible to participate in our Company-paid driver training program.
Talk to a YRC Freight recruiter at 855-DRV4YRC about our training programs.
Road Driver Qualifications
- Hold a Class A CDL
- Have or can get the following endorsements: tankers, hazardous materials and double/triple. (We can help walk you through the process.)
- One year of tractor trailer driving experience
- Motor vehicle record (MVR) of safe and competent driving — no DUIs and nore more than one accident within 36 months
- Pass DOT physical, drug test and criminal background check
Road Driver Requirements
- Experience driving similar equipment in various traffic and weather conditions or graduation from Company-approved training program
- Age 21, minimum
- Record of safe and competent driving as demonstrated on state motor vehicle record
- Valid Class A CDL with doubles/triples, hazmat and tank endorsements
- Ability to work various shifts and days of the week
- Ability to record applicable freight information on bill of lading
- Ability to match information on freight bill with description on bill of lading
Road Driver Responsibilities
- Drive tractor-trailer combinations between Company facilities or work sites
- Drop, hook, spot or otherwise interchange equipment for loading and unloading
- Operate equipment safely
- Drive an average of 2,000 miles per week, with opportunities to drive as a team